Your favorite trainers & instructors share how they celebrate Fall in the kitchen... without the guilt!
Morgana loves stocking up on her Fall recipe picks from her sister-in-law's food blog, Fannetastic Food! This savory dish serves up all the pumpkin goodness. It's the perfect post-class meal.
2.) Healthy Pumpkin Banana Loaf
Got brown bananas? Instructor Kayley marries a classic banana bread with the flavor of the season for a quick grab & go breakfast bread.
- 1½ cups (150 g) all-purpose flour *note: you can sub grain-free flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 medium-size ripe banana, mashed (100 g or 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup (120 g) pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup (115 g) plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (50 g) brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF (176ºC), and lightly grease a 9 x 5 (23 x 13 cm) bread pan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices, and salt. Stir until well combined and set aside.
- Lightly beat the eggs in a medium sized mixing bowl. Add mashed bananas, pumpkin, Greek yogurt, maple syrup, brown sugar, and vanilla. Stir until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir gently. Do not over mix. Fold in any add-ins you wish to include.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan, spreading it out evenly, and bake for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. After 45 minutes, you may wish to cover with a sheet of tin foil to prevent the top from getting too brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
3.) Pumpkin Protein-Packed Pancakes
Owner & Trainer Nedra found a way to hit her macros, incorporate pumpkin & enjoy a short stack of pancakes - triple score! Here's her quick recipe for a Fall breakfast of champions.
- Flapjack protein pancake mix (buy here!)
- Organic canned pumpkin
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Top with Oikos Vanilla or Caramel Greek yogurt, nuts or warm maple syrup!
4.) Paleo Pumpkin Spice Nice Cream (Vegan + Dairy Free)
Instructor Katy enjoys "nice" cream year round with a seasonal twist on a paleo classic. Check out her additions to a simple recipe turned festive.
- 1 Frozen Banana
- 2 tbsp of Pumpkin Puree
- Splash of Coconut Milk
- Dollop of Almond Butter
- Dash of Cinnamon & Pumpkin Spice
Combine all ingredients in the food processor, blend & enjoy! Add dark chocolate chips to the mix for an even sweeter treat.
5.) All-Pumpkin-Everything Smoothie Bowl
If you follow trainer/instructor Miriam (@DailyDoseoFitness) on Instagram, you know she is the queen of tastefully beautiful kitchen creations. This season, she enjoys all her pumpkin favorites, all in one bowl!
Need some smoothie bowl #inspo? Here are some of Mir's faves for the perfect bowl:
- True Nutrition Cinnamon Roll Protein Powder
- Devotion Nutrition Pumpkin Spice Flex Packets
- Archer Farms Pumpkin Spice Granola
- LIFE Pumpkin Cereal
- P28 Foods Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter
- Fit Crunch Bar Birthday Cake pieces
- Walden Farms International Caramel Syrup